4290 Portland Road NE, Salem, Oregon 97301
1849 Adam Stephens traded a gun, a horse and $30 to Anton Presley for 585.33 acres of land.
1858 Adam Stephens donated lumber and land for a school house on
1877 Hayesville named after newly elected GOP President Rutherford B. Hayes
1882 Hayesville Sunday School was organized. Meetings held in school house.
1884 Prohibition league was organized at Hayesville. Adam Stephens was president.
Charter members were: Adam and Lucinda Stephens, Abraham J. and Mary A. (Stephens) Pruitt, Lulu (Pruitt) King, Agatha Halley,
Ruth A. (Huffman) Bryne, Madison Halbert, and Charles and Elizabeth Thacker.
1890 Property donated by Adam Stephens for church and cemetery. Quit Claim Ddeed for 1.74 acres
1891 First church building dedicated on February 7. September 18 A. Stephens dies at age 72.
1914 Jan. 17 “A heavy wind blew the spire from the church steeple.”
1915 Addition added to church building.
1922 Halberts built and donated church parsonage
1939 Due to low membership church merged with 1st Baptist Church of Salem
1941 December, fire destroyed church building
1942 Lucinda Berilla (Stephens) Halbert dies at age 81.
1947 Work began on new church building
1951 With church growth, 1st Baptist Church of Salem turned the properties back to the local congregation.
1963 Construction began for new church addition
1964 Current church building dedicated on June 28.
1999 Church name changed to
2008 On June 5
See links at the top left for more information.